Friday, February 5, 2010

A fresh start...

2009 was a great year. Although I was a major slacker in the blogging department, I did manage to have the best financial year that I have ever had. I do have to say that I also made the least amount of money that I have ever made in my adult life. I have discovered that you do not need the latest and greatest to have a great life. I have actually learned the opposite, that the less debt and personal possessions that you have the more that you enjoy your days. My stress levels have really decreased since I have taken on this frugal identity. I no longer feel like that rushed and frantic person that I once was. I have learned that the most important things in life cannot be purchased. I want to share with you things that I have done to save money and bring piece into my life. This includes cooking, cleaning, vacations, groceries etc. I will tell you about things that have worked and things that haven't. We have also been blessed with the opportunity to build "our" dream home on a large piece of property. This will allow for my dreams of growing vegetables, fruit trees, blueberry bushes, chickens and canning. I guess I should mention that I have never been good at growing anything or any other farm activity so this should also make for some interesting blog postings......

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to great posts and lots of good information!

    ReplyDelete